Recently, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Credit Coach and Consultant Jeff Sekinger. Jeff and I talked about credit, entrepreneurship, and mindset.
– Hey Jeff, how old are you, where are you from, and what do you do?
Jeff Sekinger: I am 25 and from Columbus, Ohio. I am a financial consultant for individuals and entrepreneurs, helping them leverage credit and other financial products to accelerate the growth in their businesses and lifestyles.
– Did you go to college? Do you recommend college for entrepreneurs?
Jeff Sekinger: Yes I did. I graduated and got my “dream job” in the corporate world. I would not recommend it about 90% of the time. If the individual has college completely paid for and chooses a school to learn entrepreneurship, while spending his/her extra time building a business I would recommend it.
– What motivated you to be an entrepreneur?
Jeff Sekinger: When I realized I had massive goals for myself and the corporate world would never get me there. Also, coming to the realization that over 60% of our lives are spent at work, so doing something I was not excited about was no longer an option.
– What does your company do?
Jeff Sekinger: We have three online courses that help individuals leverage personal and business credit while building a stronger financial foundation to reach financial independence much quicker. We also have 1 on 1 coaching to help individuals with every aspect of personal finance; debt, saving, investing and income. The goal is to get our clients to the point where their passive income exceeds their expenses so they can live the lives they truly desire.
– What’s 3 Tips for someone building their credit from scratch?
- Have a family or friend with a long positive credit history add you onto a credit account as an authorized user.
- Keep a perfect payment history by paying your cards before every statement. If you have late payments you can dispute them throughCFPB.gov.
🦈 This is a sponsored post. For more information, please visit this page.