We may receive commissions for affiliate links included in this article. This is a sponsored post. Future Sharks makes no warranties about the statements, facts and/or claims made on this article. These are the opinions of the author. Read our advertising and contributor disclosure here.
Recently, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Rio Osorio. Rio is an influencer and social media marketing expert. He teaches individuals how to grow and scale their business through the power of Social Media.
Where are you from, and what do you do?
Rio Osorio: I’m from Globe, Arizona a small Copper mining town. I’m a serial opportunist with a background in Digital Marketing. My passion is creating new businesses and scaling existing businesses.
My current businesses are:
- SMMA with around 80 clients and growing
- Business Coaching
- Amazon Automation
- Business Manager for a professional athlete and a film maker.
- My wife and I also manage the marketing and operations for a Wedding venue
My current projects are:
- Credit Repair Company
- Group coaching with a twist to differentiate myself from the crowd.
- Producing a T.V Docu-Series as well as a platform for it to be on called DRYVE.TV. It will be filmed around business influencers and entertainment moguls turned entrepreneurs. Insanely excited about this and already have a few big names attached to it.
- Did you go to college?
Rio Osorio: I went to college to be a firefighter and got out and realized I had a bigger purpose to serve and never actually worked as one.
- What Motivated me to be an Entrepreneur?
Rio Osorio: Honestly I don’t exactly know, it was an inner drive that I now recognize I’ve had since I was a kid. I’ve never subscribed to thinking that I wasn’t good enough or I didn’t deserve to live life on my terms and somehow at a young age I equated that to entrepreneurship. Settling for average was never an option for me.
- What made you get into the world of Instagram and what about Instagram interested you?
Rio Osorio: I just realized that was where the world was and I realized how important a personal brand was, so I dug in on learning about Instagram. I’m honestly an introverted person so I never really wanted to put myself out there like that, but I knew it was necessary and the motto I live by is “If you’re scared, then DO IT SCARED!”
- What are 3 keys to building a good personal brand?
- Find your authentic brand voice. It’s very easy to get confused with all the highlight reels on Instagram and think that you have to fit in, but the real juice is being authentic to yourself and your beliefs. Doing that will draw a clear line about who you are. Some people won’t like it but the ones that do will be loyal to you.
- Be consistent with your brand on every social platform.
- Position yourself as an Expert in whatever it is you do and then if you’re not already, then become an expert. I don’t care what anybody says, it no longer takes 10,000 hours to become an expert. Information/knowledge is now at our fingertips.
- What does your average day look like?
- Wake up and do some guided meditation. (Not easy for me yet)
- Hug my wife and kids
- Do some sort of physical activity to get the blood flowing
- Read-Current book “The Ellipsis Manual” about Human Behavior
- Knock out emails and the inevitable issues going on
- Meetings or zoom calls with partners and clients
- Creative session for an hour or two
- Manage businesses and work on projects the rest of the day
- What are your 3 core principles?
- Never stop learning and reinventing yourself.
- Do it Scared.
- Stay Hungry- The person climbing the mountain is Hungrier than the one at the top.
- What would you tell an aspiring entrepreneur in high school right now?
Rio Osorio: Not to be repetitive but I’d tell them to “Do it Scared”. Too many people waiting for the right moment…It’s never the right moment…Do it Scared! Too many aspiring entrepreneurs are scared about putting themselves out there and worried about what people will think…That fear will never go away, so guess what…Do it Scared! Your business or funnel or logo will never be perfect so quit worrying about it…Do it Scared!
- What are your future plans?
Rio Osorio: World domination…kidding! One of my goals and something I’ve always been passionate about is helping small businesses. So I have plans to start investing in or buying up small businesses that have a great existing foundation but just haven’t been able to move effectively into the digital world. Then get them profitable and sell them hopefully to a current employee that has a passion for the business. Fix-n-Flip with Businesses.