We may receive commissions for affiliate links included in this article. This is a sponsored post. Future Sharks makes no warranties about the statements, facts and/or claims made on this article. These are the opinions of the author. Read our advertising and contributor disclosure here.
Trucking and transportation companies have always faced an uphill battle when it comes to securing funding from major financial institutions. Small and startup companies in the industry often lack the strong credit history or solid collateral to meet the bank’s expectations, and must often look elsewhere for funding solutions. Any expert will tell you that steady contracts and reliable manpower keep a business running at peak capacity, but the actual cash a company has on hand is the true lifeblood of any operation.
Trucking and transportation carriers are discovering that invoice factoring is the perfect solution to managing cash flow when traditional lending is not an option. Transportation factoring, also known as freight factoring, involves selling accounts receivable at a discount in exchange for immediate funding, which means that the resources you need to maintain a healthy cash flow can be available often within 24 to 48 hours. Invoices are trucking companies’ most valuable financial asset, and factoring allows you to turn them into an immediate resource rather than waiting 30, 60, or even 90 days to see any value from them.
Choosing the right factoring partner will take some effort — after all, due diligence is a key part of any business. It, therefore, becomes necessary to find a factor that understands the trucking industry and your relationship with your customers. When making your decision, be sure to consider the advantages of working with the right partner who is upfront about the benefits of freight bill factoring they offer, including:
- Reputation: Be sure to select a highly reputable factoring company that specializes in the trucking and transportation industries.
- Customer Service: Be sure that your factoring company assigns an accounts manager to provide you and your business with top-tier customer service.
- Credit Tools: Choose a factoring partner that offers a free credit search tool to help you determine the risk of prospective customers.
- Fuel Discounts: Find a factoring company that provides carriers with fuel discounts.
- Low Rates: Look for innovative factoring plans that deliver the industry’s lowest rates.
Of course, every company is different, and this is why a reliable factoring partner such as Accutrac Capital will have a number of different plans to choose from, depending on the needs of your specific enterprise. Whether you’re a small startup beginning to gain momentum or a nation-wide company with a considerable fleet, there are plans for every business. Accutrac offers:
Flat Fee Factoring
- Starting from 1.59% for up to 90 Days
- An uncomplicated option with an easy to calculate the one-time cost.
Factoring Line of Credit
- A flexible line of credit that provides maximum value & control for larger operations
- Starting from 0.022% per day
- Only 0.49% for 10 days
- An ideal funding option for carriers with customers who pay quickly
Every carrier loves the feeling of a paid invoice. With transportation factoring, you can get that feeling the moment the invoice reaches your office. Without waiting one to three months for your customers to pay, you can instead harness the power of transportation factoring to receive your money when you need it, often on the same day you apply. This allows you to spend your money where it’s most needed — on sustaining and growing your business.