We may receive commissions for affiliate links included in this article. This is a sponsored post. Future Sharks makes no warranties about the statements, facts and/or claims made on this article. These are the opinions of the author. Read our advertising and contributor disclosure here.
As your small IT business expands, it is inevitable that you will eventually have ti juggle multiple clients and only a handful of team members. And as you work for your clients, you’ll have multiple projects going at the same time for each one.
Do not fear. Having all of this additional work is a good thing. At the same time, it’s often tough to figure out which project you should be working on next. By having so many ongoing projects, it’s possible that you will feel entirely overwhelmed.
Instead of letting your feelings of overwhelming get the best of you, it’s better to learn and understand powerful techniques that will make it easy to juggle multiple clients as a (still) small development company.
We will now uncover five techniques that make managing multiple clients a snap.
Five Inspirational Multiple Client Management Techniques to Live by
- Work with a focused approach – it’s easy to jump from one client project to the next without even really thinking about it. But is this the best way to use your time?
You’ll get more done if you focus on one project at a time for each client. By keeping your focus, you’ll get more done in the time dedicated to this client than you would if you were to bounce from one thing to the next.
Your team doesn’t have to spend month-in-month-out working on one project. Dedicate one or two hours each day per project and move on to the next when time runs out.
- Complete small tasks in batches – as a small business, it’s often your job to do very similar tasks for multiple clients.
You have two options. You can periodically spread these tasks out throughout the week. Or you complete all of them at the same time by working on these small tasks in batches.
We’ve discovered that clearing your plate of small tasks at the same time frees up your mind to focus on bigger, more important projects.
- Tracking your applications automatically – error and log tracking is an absolute must for small dev companies.You have to have a complete overview of your client’s project, and they have to know how to work with their current solution based on the app metrics.
Error monitoring software makes it simple to keep track of all issues quickly and it’s the right tool to keep the app logs at hand for both you and the client on a project by project basis.
- Status update emails – your clients need to be informed and up-to-date about their existing projects.
Sending out regular status emails is an excellent way to let clients know where each project stands. We recommend doing this once per week. Pick a day and time and send all client status update emails at the same time.
- Project ranking – when you have multiple projects going at the same time, you’ll need to figure out which ones need to be completed with the most urgency.
Rank each project according to its deadline and make a task list with each project listed by order of importance.
Please incorporate these five techniques into your virtual assistant business. By using them, you’ll have an easier time managing multiple projects for multiple clients.