Here are some resources (free tutorials, paid tools, books, freemium courses, etc) that will take you step by step from newbie to pro. We tried listing only the best content and tools out there.
Also, if you know of any other useful link or resource, tweet us at @futuresharks.
Note: This page is a work-in-progress, more content to be added. Also, we earn a commision if you sign up for any of the products listed here. This is our way to keep the site going.
Setting up your site
- Buy a domain using Namecheap, Godaddy.
- Host it with HostGator, Godaddy (easy) or Amazon AWS (harder)
- Use WordPress, Joomla or Shopify to set up your site. (Shopify is highly recommended for ecommerce stores)
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Console
- Facebook Pixel
- You can also install the FB pixel helper chrome extension to check that you setup your pixel correctly
Favorite and Essential WordPress Plugins
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Best Tools
- How to be more productive by Alejandro Rioja
- Learn the 80/20 rule and Pareto Principle.
Get a free consultation with our founder, Alejandro
Books that will teach you entrepreneurship
In every Future Sharks interview, we ask the participants to list their favorite books. Here’s a list of the most common ones, we hope you find them valuable. Let us know which ones are your favorites!
Also, if you have a book suggestion tweet us at @futuresharks.
? Mindset (think abundance, attract abundance)
? Inspirational (if they did, so can you)
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike by Phil Knight
✍ Startup Mechanics (what to do, what not to do)
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael Gerber
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel (from Paypal)
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
? Personal Growth (there are always areas of improvement)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie (a classic)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Steven Covey
- Outliers: A story of success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny! by Tony Robbins
? Sales (an entrepreneur is a salesman by default)
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by OG Mandino
- The Richest Man in Babylon by Napoleon Hill
- The Psychology of Selling: Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible by Brian Tracy
? Marketing (
build it and they’ll come, market it and they’ll buy)
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Violate Them at Your Own Risk! by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant by Chan Kim
? Investing/Finances (make your money work for you)
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Business Adventures: Twelve Classic Tales from the World of Wall Street by John Brooks (recommended by Bill Gates)
- Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits by Philip Fisher
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy by Thomas Stanley
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John Bogle
- The Wealth and Poverty of Nations: Why Some Are So Rich and Some So Poor by David Landes
? By Billionaires (learn from the best in their fields)
- The Virgin Way: If It’s Not Fun, It’s Not Worth Doing by Richard Branson
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike by Phil Knight (listed twice because it’s so good)
- Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul by Howard Schultz
- The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America by Warren Buffett
- Bloomberg by Bloomberg by Michael Bloomberg
- The First Billion Is the Hardest: Reflections on a Life of Comebacks and America’s Energy Future by T. Boone Pickens
- Soros on Soros: Staying Ahead of the Curve by George Soros