We may receive commissions for affiliate links included in this article. This is a sponsored post. Future Sharks makes no warranties about the statements, facts and/or claims made on this article. These are the opinions of the author. Read our advertising and contributor disclosure here.
High fashion top models are known to be endowed with beauty and good body shape. They often look comfortable in their skin, and easygoing at castings. In fact, they seem to be the only persons in the world in their glamorous pieces of cloth on the runway. But with all of its glitz and glamour, there’s a lot going on outside the public view. Models have a lifestyle they nurture behind the scene, and Kaki West Swid is not an exception.
Kaki West Swid, born Katharine West, is a fashion model and renowned mom influencer. She was born into an Irish American family in the USA, Newport. R.I. She is tall thin, and such a natural fit for the modeling industry. While pursuing her modeling career, she has modeled across the globe as a runway, editorial, and print model.
In addition to walking countless runway shows for prestigious fashion houses, Kaki has appeared on the covers of over 25 plus fashion magazines worldwide. She has done multiple editorials for several magazines. As Kaki’s second high profile gig as an actress, she earned SAG actress on films and television shows, including the Bronx is Burning and Entourage.
Kaki got married and became a proud mother of lovely twins. But this does not seem to be the end of the road, as she keeps up with her modeling career and has graced the covers of top magazines like Harper’s Bazaar, FHM, Maxim, GQ, and Esquire magazine, amongst various others. As part of her philanthropic initiative, she, alongside her husband, founded and contributed immensely to USO as a way to give back to society. It is interesting to know that Kaki is also an animal rights activist and committed to her Maltese of 12 years.
To commemorate Kaki’s journey so far, here are five interesting facts about the top model.
- Kaki landed her first modeling job with Ford modeling agency at the age of 14.
- She graduated from Whittier College in 2001 with a major in Theater Arts and communication.
- She is the daughter of the famous New York bestselling author Bing West and sister to politician/marine veteran, Owen West.
- Kaki is married to hedge fund mogul of New York – Scott L. Swid, son of the late business tycoon Stephen Swid and New York Artist, Nan Swid.
- Following her father’s footsteps as a New York Times author, she wrote her first screenplay titled “The Bad Influencer.” Little wonder the screenplay generated a lot of whir on Netflix.
Undoubtedly, the mother of twins has records of accomplishment over the years. While being engaged with family affairs and fulfilling her mommy duties, Kaki West Swid remains focused on her modeling career and inspires thousands in the capacity of a mom influencer on Instagram.