🦈 This is a sponsored post. For more information, please visit this page.
WordPress is a free platform that already hosts almost half of all the websites present on the internet. By choosing WordPress as your choice of platform, you can:
- Save tons of money by not hiring web designers and developers.
- Easily update and incorporate trending elements within your website without a designer.
- Last but not least, you can create and/or host a website without ever learning an ounce of coding!
Considering all the qualities of WordPress, we are going to teach you about the steps required to set up your own website. So, without further ado, let us get to it!
Step 1: Web Hosting and Registering Domain
First things first, you need a good web hosting along with a domain name as having one looks more professional than using someone else’s in your URL.
Since the internet is flooded with hosting websites, it can be quite difficult to make up your mind. In such cases, you can analyze your needs and pick out whatever you think fits your requirements.
Most of the web-hosting platforms come with a free trial, so you can take advantage of this. That said, here is how you can sign up for any of the desired web hosting platforms:
- Visit the web hosting platform of your choice and select your plan. Almost all of them have three packages with varying prices. If you are starting out, a basic package would serve you well.
- Then, choose a domain name. When choosing a domain name, you should always go for something that reflects the nature of your company or services.
- Fill out the necessary account details so that you can be charged accordingly.
- Once you have successfully registered, you can set a password to your web hosting account.
Step 2: Setting a Website
Once you are done with hosting and domain, you will be required to install WordPress to set everything in motion. Keep in mind that certain hosting platforms come with a 1-click-installation.
If you have selected such a platform, then you can easily install WordPress. However, if you have to install it manually, then here is a perfect guide to help you!
Once you are done with this step, your website will be up and running. However, you still need to personalize it to truly make it yours! This brings us to the next step.
Step 3: Personalize your Website
The default websites have a plain touch to it but you can make yours exciting by selecting any theme out of the 1500+ available free themes. Here is how you can find a suitable theme:
- Log in to your WordPress website and open the dashboard section. Or you can copy and paste this link https://yoursite.com/wp-admin (Be sure to replace yoursite with your domain name)
- On the left side, look up and click ‘Appearances’. Then, choose the ‘Themes’ option. From there, you can select any theme that reflects your interests.
- You can also find suitable themes according to your industry. Just enter a particular keyword and you will get access to industry-specific themes.
- Once you find a suitable theme, you can easily install it by opening the theme and clicking the ‘Install’ button.
Step 4: Adding Content
To add content sections, such as ‘About Me’ and ‘Our Services,’ you need to do the following:
- On the left side, look for ‘Pages’ and then click ‘Add New.’
- Doing this will open up a page that will provide you with all the necessary tools required to create and edit your new pages’ content.
- Save all the changes by clicking the ‘Update’ button.
To add the newly created page into your navigational menu on your website, do the following:
- Choose the ‘Appearance’ option and click ‘Menus.’
- Here, you will find the newly created page. Click the checkbox that is next to it and then select ‘Add to the Menu.’
Step 6: Set up a Static Page
By default, WordPress will use a blog-like front page to display your recent content. However, if you want to have a static front page that does not change whatsoever, here is what you need to do:
- From the left side navigational menu, choose ‘Setting’ and then ‘Reading.’
- From here, you can select the option of a static page.
If you do not choose the static setting, WordPress will display your posts as your front page to your audience which can be a little mundane.
With the help of these instructions, you can set up your own WordPress website without depending on PHP and MySQL web development services.
That said, we ensured to keep the instructions easy. You can work through these instructions step-by-step, and by the end of this, you will have a fully functional website through economical means!
Lastly, keep updating and improving your website to keep up with the growing demands of your business. Since WordPress is easily customizable, you will not face any issues in this regard!