At age 12, Trey Cockrum founded a small graphic design firm, at 17 he is office shopping in downtown Indy for his photographer community ‘SeekTheLight’. He now earns passive income through YouTube and travels the world for his own wedding photo gigs.
City where you’re based out of (and what you most love about it):
Eph 5:16 – “Make the most of every opportunity, for the days are evil.”
Was there a defining moment in your life?
What does entrepreneurship mean to you?
What are you working on?
- An email marketing firm. We have added 27% to our preset sales using email, and I would love to share this with other small businesses.
- Social media consulting business. SeekTheLight, my personal business, and so many others are growing so rapidly thanks to the proper use of social media. I’d love to share this, as well, with other small businesses.
- Facebook group management service. SeekTheLight, primarily, is a Facebook group. I’d love to show other businesses how to create, manage, and monetize a Facebook group.
- A custom camera strap business. Something aesthetically pleasing, but usable. Tired of the plastic, itchy straps that come with cameras today. Imagine a SeekTheLight branded camera strap? How sick would that be.
- A new wedding photographer consulting biz. Charge $250(ish) an hour to coach photographers on starting their wedding businesses – it’s a complicated market, and I’ve found success in it.
What made you so passionate about Photography?