We may receive commissions for affiliate links included in this article. This is a sponsored post. Future Sharks makes no warranties about the statements, facts and/or claims made on this article. These are the opinions of the author. Read our advertising and contributor disclosure here.
The Steinkeller Brothers, Aron Steinkeller, Stephan Steinkeller, and Christian Steinkeller, are working on a project to improve the environment of the world. Their mission is to protect the rainforest and environment. They believe all changes start with a small group of people. They’ve worked hard to spread the word and have thousands of followers on their instagram, @steinkellerbrothers and their facebook, Steinkeller Brothers. Here is the expert advice from the steinkeller brothers on helping our environment:
- VOLUNTEER AT AN EARTH DAY EVENT.
Check with your local parks, schools, city government, churches, and civic groups. Let Earth Day be the starting point for year-round volunteering! The Forest Park Conservancy in Portland, Oregon, is celebrating Earth Day at a variety of park sites. Volunteers are an important part of their trail maintenance and improvement projects and they are expecting about 100 people at their events this year. “The Forest Park Conservancy welcomes folks to sign up to volunteer with us on April 23rd,” says Renee Myers, FPC Executive Director. “We will be removing invasive species and maintaining trails. We encourage everyone in Portland to think about protecting the environment every day of the year. Together, we can ensure amazing places like Forest Park are healthy for future generations.”
- PLANT A TREE.
Earth Day’s Global theme this year is Trees For Earth. In anticipation of the event’s 50th anniversary, EDN wants to plant 7.8 billion trees by 2020! Contact your local arboretum, park district, school, city government, or nonprofits like the Arbor Day Foundation, ACTrees and American Forests to see where you can volunteer to plant trees. Or, plant some in your own backyard! Register your event with EDN. You can also contact your local officials and use social media to urge others to plant trees in your city.
- HOST A RECYCLING DRIVE.
Get your friends together and collect plastic, metal, glass, and old electronics. Electronic materials can be taken to an e-waste recycling facility to make sure they are properly handled and safely recycled. According to EDN, the United States produces up to 50 million tons of e-waste. Only 20-25% is recycled safely and responsibly. The other 75% ends up in landfills. You can also donate no-longer-used wireless phones and accessories in any condition from any service provider to HopeLine® from Verizon. Verizon donates wireless phones to local domestic violence shelters and non-profit organizations and agencies for use by victims and survivors. These phones serve as a vital link to support services and provide a safe line of communication to family, loved ones, and employers.