We may receive commissions for affiliate links included in this article. This is a sponsored post. Future Sharks makes no warranties about the statements, facts and/or claims made on this article. These are the opinions of the author. Read our advertising and contributor disclosure here.
Competitive advantage entails factors that enable an organization to produce superior products and services compared with its competitors. If you have this, you’re in an excellent position to attract more clients and retain your existing ones, maintain brand loyalty, obtain higher profit margins, minimize non-essential marketing and hiring expenditures, measure progress more accurately, and increase certainty in business continuity.
With that in mind, here are five ways your new business can gain a competitive advantage in 2022
Leverage new technology
Presently, the world is moving from manual to digital systems. Technological advancement has led to the development of diverse tools that have increased business efficiency. By embracing them, you can seamlessly develop more experience for your leads and customers. This is because going digital indicates to your customers that you’re aware of the new technology trend, so they’ll choose you over your competitors. For instance, if you’re a drywall contractor, you can make use of software developed by companies like Jobber to handle a wide array of managerial duties. Such tools enable you to:
- Generate accurate quotes whenever a potential customer approaches you for a specific job
- Save a lot of time and focus on other crucial areas of growing your business
- Improve your efficiency
- Impress customers with a seamless experience
- Better your communication with customers
- Get invoices paid faster
- Acquire a competitive edge by running your business better than others
- Create estimates faster. For a drywall business, a drywall estimate template can also come in handy to help you draft accurate job quotes and win more jobs. Use the equivalent for your business niche.
2. Define your niche
To surpass the competition, you must define your niche market. This enables you to develop ideas and create products that essentially attract your specific target audience. Undoubtedly, with a narrowed-down line of specialization, you can deal with specific products that perfectly meet the needs of your clients. This is because you’re well-versed in their interests and desires.
If you’re dealing with a clothing brand, you may identify your niche to be youths under 25 years of age. With this information, you can narrow down and concentrate on stylish and unique items as people of this age range like being fashionable and unique.
You can define your niche market in the following steps:
- Create a wish list
- Focus on the kind of goods and services you want to offer
- Explain the client’s worldview
- Analyze your suggested products and services
- Test your products on real customers to evaluate their response
3. Develop good relationships with your customers
Certainly, the goal of any business is to attract more customers to its brand and make a profit. Therefore, for your new business to thrive, you shouldn’t only aim at attracting new customers but also retain the current ones. This is possible if you build killer relationships with your customers.
The reason behind this is that, with excellent customer relations, you can link with your clients on a more personal level. This enables you to better understand their needs, solve their issues, and develop a sense of mutual agreement. Thus, they become more secure and connected to your brand. This results in improved customer acquisition, retention, and satisfaction.
You can use customer relationship management (CRM) software to manage your relationship with customers and ultimately drive success. Such tools come with the following benefits:
- Better management of leads, prospects, and productivity
- Increased customer experience
- Improved efficiency in handling customers
- Enhanced accuracy of sales forecasts
- Simpler handling of customer contact information
4. Analyze your competitors
Your new business can never stand out from your competitors if you don’t have an insight into their operations. By conducting a competitor analysis, you can understand your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses. Ideally, you get to know the kind of goods and services they offer, the marketing strategies they utilize, their target customers, pricing, and the kind of customer relationships they promote. All these allow you to get a better picture of your competitors, identify a gap in the market, set your business strategies, and finally remain relevant by doing what they’ve failed to do.
You can monitor your competitors’ marketing strategies by:
- Signing up for their newsletters
- Visiting their websites and turning on alerts
- Tracking their ads
- Evaluating their search engine optimization performance
- Viewing their analytics data
- Attending conferences and trade shows
5. Concentrate on your branding and product quality
Another crucial way of gaining a competitive advantage in 2022 is by paying attention to your branding and product quality. By developing a strong brand and delivering high-quality products and services, you earn customer loyalty and let your brand be recognized far and wide. This sets you aside from your competitors and enables you to build trust with your clientele. As a result, clients become satisfied and will even recommend you to their friends as they’re sure of the kind of quality to expect from your services.
With the increase in competition in the business field, there’s an urgent need for your new business to acquire a competitive advantage and stand out. You need to devise ways that can convince your clients that you’re the best and that you can solve their problems effectively. With the above tips, you can comfortably outshine your competitors, attract new clients, retain existing ones, make more profit, and expand your business.